|Microsoft Dynamics GP Illinois Implementation Notes Computers Articles | February 22 , 2010
Illinois with its numerous distribution, light manufacturing and assembly with nationwide shipping mid-size and smaller businesses is perfect place for such mid-market Corporate ERP applications as Microsoft Dynamics GP, formerly known as Great Plains Dynamics and eEnteprise.
GP has very robust set of Distribution modules: Inventory Control, Bill of Materials, Sales Order Processing, Purchase Order Processing, plus it has full suite of Manufacturing modules (discrete production oriented). ?It could be integrated with legacy manufacturing packages, warehouse management systems with barcoding. ?Great Plains is open for customizations, integrations, reporting via various tools: Microsoft Dexterity, eConnect, Extender, Integration Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, FRx Financial Reporting, ad-hoc SQL scripting, including cross platform joins (where you combine results from two or more databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQLPHP or something which is ODBC compliant). ?If you are looking for new ERP application, or if you need second opinion in recovering Dynamics GP implementation, this small publication is for you:
1. Dynamics GP licensing. ?Currently you can purchase Business Ready (Business Essential for small business or simple operations, and Advanced Management for larger company or more challenging set of modules and business logic needs). ?If you are existing Dynamics GP customers with over three years history (prior to 2007) - you may continue to use Dynamics GP Standard or Professional licensing (where you add modules, available for your edition of Great Plains)
2. GP Partner Selection. ?There is no answer to this question, it is really up to you and the answer depends on your needs and business processes. ?If you are typical light assembly and distribution business in Chicagoland or Northern Illinois - you should probably pick somebody who is strong in GP Barcoding, Warehouse Management. ?If you are larger organization with manufacturing facility in downstate IL, check if your potential Dynamics GP VAR has expertise in your industry and strong enough in manufacturing modules implementation. ?If you have retail and point of sale needs, check if your reseller is comfortable to integrate such retail applications as Microsoft RMS or Counterpoint with Dynamics GP
3. Great Plains Implementation Recovery. ?We are really sorry to hear that you are at that point, but you are not the first and not the last one in this position. ?The fact is - Microsoft Dynamics GP is mid-market Corporate ERP application and its implementation requires years of experience, professional certification and industry expertise. ?It is not difficult to make a bet where your Great Plains implementation failed - likely in initial data migration and conversion from legacy accounting application to GP. ?Second likely problem would be complex and maybe unnecessary customization. ?Third possibility - too many stakes on Crystal Reporting (especially when Crystal Report developer is very new to the tool and is trying to deploy Crystal Report wizard, versus deploying MS SQL Server Stored Procedure or View as CR base). ?There is also the chance that your Dynamics GP implementation failed due to the fact that your GP partner is too week in eConnect programming and you have advanced eCommerce web site integration needs and expectations
4. If you are multinational company. ?If you are crossing nation border and go internationally: China, Brazil, India, Russia, Germany, France, Poland, Middle East - please note that Dynamics GP Great Plains is not localized for these countries or regions. ?Consider first localized small business Corporate ERP packages, such as SAP Business One first. ?If your overseas facility is really large scale operation, consider Dynamics AX Axapta
5. Feel free to call us 1-866-528-0577, help@albaspectrum ?Or visit our website http:www.albaspectrum
Marketing experts say promotional products are a cost effective way of reaching out to potential customers and turn them into buyers. So, promotional products seem to be a low cost marketing method to bring in customers. Even some established global companies resort to this very popular marketing strategy to drive more sales and develop their customer base. Especially small businesses can find promotional products as the potential way to cut down on their marketing budget and still draw people’s attention. Here we discuss a few reasons why promotional products are crucial for your business.
More effective marketing at a lower cost
A number of small enterprises imagine that an advertising campaign must run into a large scale one spread across divergent media. Nevertheless the truth remains that they can very well achieve their marketing objectives by investing in low cost promotional products. In fact, there is a long list of low cost promotional items for startups.
Immediate brand recognition
Brand recognition refers to the condition where your customers can locate your company and its products or services at once when they spot your logo. For instance, people can very easily identify a McDonald fast food product on seeing the yellow arch logo. The gifts you give your customers in the form of promotional products can make them remember your products very well and recognize your business easily. The gifts they receive remains in their homes and offices or in their vehicles on the move. For a long time, these products can keep reminding them about your business and your company. In fact, studies show that customers do hang on to the promotional products they love for an average time span of 6 months. The reward will come to you when these customers go for shoppin.